Prelude: Bharathy what a poet he is?????He is one of the Grooviest Poet that India has ever seen….He was an abreast Scholar and he showed his talent to the World in both Prose and poetic form by writing many short stories and Some Graceful Poems which made the English angry and supplied an Quencher to Tamil people who were Subjugated by the British empire.And albeit he was a Brahman he treated the people of other castes with equal respect. One of his poem throws Light on this particular Subject SAADHIGAL ELLAYADI PAAPA(There is Nothing called Religion and God is Only one)..
Early Life: Born to Chinnasami Subramanya Iyer and Lakshmi Ammal in a Village called Ettayapuram he had a great interest in Music and he at his very young age of 11 got appreciation from very great Scholars of his time and it was here he Acquired the title Barathi(Goddess of Learning:Saraswathi).He got married at a very young age of 14 and after some years he left the village and continued his education at the Benares University Role in Freedom Struggle: In the Indian independence movement in south India Mahakavi Barathy Played an Important role he Wrote many captions and arranged many Rallies,And he Underwent UNNAVIRADHAM(Fasting) which obviously made the English Angry and they launched many attacks on Barathy and his troops which resulted in Vain.Barathy also realized that Only through the Pen we can Censure the English to the core he Joined Swadesha mitran as an assistant editor and later he started his own Daily Known as Bala Baratham.Barathy was one amongst the great leaders who attended the Surat Congress Session in 1907
Poetic Endowment and works:
ஆயிரம் உண்டிங்கு சாதி, எனில் அன்னியர் வந்து புகலென்ன நீதி!
- We may have different or say number of Religions but in no way it should allow/Justify a Foreign reconnoitering
- விடுதலை! விடுதலை! விடுதலை! பறைய ருக்கும் இங்கு தீயர் புலைய ருக்கும் விடுதலை பரவ ரோடு குறவருக்கும் மறவ ருக்கும் விடுதலை! திறமை கொண்டதீமை யற்ற தொழில் புரங்ந்து யாவரும் தேர்ந்த கல்வி ஞானம் எய்தி வாழ்வம் இந்த நாட்டிலே
- When u spell the word Barat u will lose fear,We will make this India a great country we will make weapons,Produce good paper,we will never rest,And we will excel in all the fields.
- The heartbreaking captions and Poems like this delineated Barathy a Great Poet with immense Strength and Good heart.
- The Greatman’s nebulous Sleep:
- Throughout his life he helped the Poor and he was severely suffered from impoverishment and his health was badly affected by Imprisonments and the one day a temple elephant which he used to feed regularly Struck him severely and he died.
- Barathy may have completed his human life in earth but his poetic life is still continued by his successors and barathi fans who have been faithful to Tamil and Tamil Grammar.